KBMN will market a rancher’s calves regardless of whether they are pre-conditioned. However, Preconditioning will enable ranchers to capture a premium price.
- KBMN will assist you when developing a vaccination program.
- For KBMN to market cattle as "Pre-conditioned", the pathogens listed below, must be covered by a vaccine regiment.
- All vaccines, are not created equal, or proven effective. Currently, drug manufacturers are marketing vaccines which require only one application/shot.
- Please call the KBMN representative to confirm that your planned regime will satisfy the KBMN preconditioning protocol.
- Discounts are available when certain criteria are met. Producers can receive up to a 10% discount when ordering their vaccines through PBS Animal Health.
|Tight calving season||Recommended||Contemporary groups within 50#|
|Dehorn||Optional||Polled Bulls help eliminate the need.|
|Break to Bunk Feeder||Required||One month before shipping|
|Break to Water Trough||Required||One month before shipping|
|Castrate Bulls||Required||Before 5 months of age|
|Weaned||Required||Minimum 45 days. Across the fence is least stressful.|
|Vaccinations --- See notes above!|
|- Respiratory||Required||** Primary Plus Booster (2X)|
|- Hoemophillus Somnus||Required||** Primary Plus Booster (2X)|
|- Clostridial||Required||** Primary Plus Booster (2X)|
|- Pasturella||Required||** Primary Plus Booster (2X)|
|- De-Worming||Required||One time|